Lisa-Jo Baker (Gypsy Mama's) Five Minute Friday
Start.
Here.
There is a quote that I love by Jim Elliot that says "wherever you are, be all there".
This battle to be fully 'here' is one that I have fought my whole life. I am not sure why but I am constantly tempted to either analyze the past or figure out the future, meanwhile completely ignoring the here, now, present. Realizing at the end all that I will have are the 'here moments' is very sobering. I cannot hold yesterday and I cannot touch tomorrow, but today - today I can see it, for it is right here, right now. I can hear it, I can feel it, I can smell it , and I can taste it. Why waste that?
So right now I see my children - sleep tossled, snuggled together, munching their cereal watching a Friday special movie, I can feel the rough edge of the seat I am perched on and the cool tap of each key as I type. I can smell my coffee and the barest hint of cinnamon from my bowl. I can hear an occasional giggle, the crunch-munch of those that are eating contentedly and the whirl of the fan next to me. All of my 'here' is SO beautiful if I just take the time to notice it and give thanks for it.
0 Yorumlar