Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Our Relationship is Complicated

 I cannot let it go nor can I fully commit. One time it is love, the next time hate. It is good for me, but not always fully appreciated. Maybe you can relate to my dilemma. Tommy sort of feels the same way. 

My mother always put diced celery in spaghetti. The pieces were about 1/4-inch cubes. I ate the spaghetti and loved it. She put the same size dices in tuna salad. I ate it. She cut the stalks into three or four pieces and put them into the pan with a roast, along with carrots, potatoes, and onions. I DID NOT eat the celery.

I cannot each a celery stick to save my life! I cannot eat it with peanut butter or even with pimiento and cheese. 

Before yesterday, I put short sticks of the stalk into soup and did not eat it. I always dipped it for Tommy. He would eat it but left a bit. Somewhere lately, I have eaten a soup with slices of celery. They were delicious. 

Until yesterday, celery in what I cooked was strictly for flavor. Then, I threw it away. All that changed for cooked celery. 

So, yesterday I thinly sliced the celery, across the stalk, of course, put it in the soup, and we both ate it. The slices were about 1/8-inch thick, definitely not even a quarter inch. I loved it and Tommy said it is okay.  It was delicious and good for us. 

So, it is settled. I can now eat celery one more way. The next time I dehydrate celery, the celery will be thinly sliced.  I just cannot stand big pieces in my mouth, cooked or raw. I must have something mixed with it if it raw. 

What foods are you ambivalent about eating? How so? Explain it to me. Inquiring minds need to know!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar