As I have looked around the internet the past few days, one common thread has been apparent. There are a great deal of people signing up for ComicSpace that don't seem to know why they are doing so; they just are. I have also heard the joking of being a "joiner" or a "follower". Then there is Warren Ellis, who signed up to basically exchange "business cards".
With all this non-commital attitude going around, and a bit of embarassment thrown in for good measure, I am curious to know why the rest of you signed up?
The reason I did is simple: networking and friendship with folks with similar interests. I have already been pleasantly surprised to find several people I had met briefly or had small exchanges with on board there. It is a great opportunity to get back in touch with some wonderful people.
Another reason I signed up is to be able to follow the creative comings and goings of the industry. Seeing both businesses and individual creators there is a revelation. I have found so many new sites to go check out. I have also found out about some talented people out there.
Lastly, I signed up as a fan who wants to mingle with other fans. I have resisted My Space for a long time based on the fact that I was worried about the size and breadth of it all. ComicSpace fills that void for me.
That is my two cents. What about the rest of you?
0 Yorumlar