Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It Ain't Over. . .

. . . Until the fat lady sings. . .


Or in my case, the skinny older woman who secretly flies on a broom.

2010 Has been a good year for me, an easy year for the most part, until now. One thing that went right for me this year was my job. Most of my managers liked me, I made killer money, and I’m the only employee who worked a full work week. My co-workers would complain as to why I would get so many hours and they wouldn’t. Sometimes, I have to admit, they over worked me, and my work hours would be so bizarre that I’ve been contemplating finding another job so I could have better hours. Last night, I lost my job. Yup! It sucks! You see, I have three managers, and one of them hates me. All year she’s been getting on my case about every little thing to make me quit. Since she can’t fire anyone (only the other managers could), she’s been trying to get me fired all year long too. She always failed, until last night. Last night, she tripped me up by lying to customers and putting the blame on me. Customers complain, employee gets fired.

I’m extremely upset as I’ve never been unemployed. A part of me (my instincts) is telling me I’m better off. Now I could find a job where I would have time to write after work as my job hours were so strange that I wouldn’t have time before or after work to concentrate on writing. It sucks that it had to end like that though. I was thinking about leaving that job in 2011 but I wanted to do it on good terms. Before I left, she did tell me I could call the other managers and plead for my job back, and I’m sure I would get it back no problem, but now I don’t even want it back.

So here it is, nothing bad happened all year. There is no such thing as a year without tragedy so go figure I would get it with only days left to go. So in 2011, I will have to find a new job and fast. New Year, new job. Is that a good omen or a bad one? What do you think? And what are your job loss stories?

~*~*~

PS: It’s not too late to join in on the “Best of 2010” blogfest. What were your biggest accomplishments of 2010 and your biggest goals for 2011? Share it with us on Jan 1 – 3.

Here's the link to join: Best of 2010 Blogfest

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar